From hair buns to tulle skirts, ballet-inspired trends are everywhere for spring. The fitness world is no exception: THE hottest workout this season is the Barre method.
This pilates-like routine increases strength, stability, balance and flexibility through movements from a dancer’s regime. Fluid and flowing motions are mixed with repetitions of leg, thigh and butt sculpting exercises. Resistance balls or toning balls are added to further challenge the body and get the arms involved.
During the week of March 4th, Suite 203 Communications recruited Montreal media mavens to give the fitness trend a try at Dita Pilates Studio in NDG, Montreal. They pliéed and relevéed their booties away in Dita’s Ballet Barre Booty Blast Class. As one of the few Barre-certified instructors in the city, Dita’s Barre classes are packed with aspiring bun-heads each week.
Be-it the nostalgia of pink tutus and slippers of our youth or the never dying dream of being as graceful as a Prima Ballerina, this workout brings out the dancer in everyone.
Dita warming up
Media mavens at the barre
Post workout cool down with David’s Tea
Post workout snack courtesy of Sushi Yumi
- Meet Mackenzie: Marketing Copywriter & Social Media Manager
- Think Pink- Styling This Season’s Hottest Fashion Trend
- Celebrating Montreal 375: What to See and Do
- Love is in the air: Canadian Influencers Share their Tips for a Sizzling Night in Montreal
- How to Unplug, while Maintaining your Online Identity