From hair buns to tulle skirts, ballet-inspired trends are everywhere for spring. The fitness world is no exception: THE hottest workout this season is the Barre method.
This pilates-like routine increases strength, stability, balance and flexibility through movements from a dancer’s regime. Fluid and flowing motions are mixed with repetitions of leg, thigh and butt sculpting exercises. Resistance balls or toning balls are added to further challenge the body and get the arms involved.
During the week of March 4th, Suite 203 Communications recruited Montreal media mavens to give the fitness trend a try at Dita Pilates Studio in NDG, Montreal. They pliéed and relevéed their booties away in Dita’s Ballet Barre Booty Blast Class. As one of the few Barre-certified instructors in the city, Dita’s Barre classes are packed with aspiring bun-heads each week.
Be-it the nostalgia of pink tutus and slippers of our youth or the never dying dream of being as graceful as a Prima Ballerina, this workout brings out the dancer in everyone.
Dita warming up
Media mavens at the barre
Post workout cool down with David’s Tea
Post workout snack courtesy of Sushi Yumi
- Anatomy of a Great Social Post
- The Best of Both Worlds: Five Steps to Follow for Successful Brand Collaborations
- Instagram Hotspots: Brands with Insta-Worthy Décor
- Marketing Beef Jerky: From a Commodity to a Branded Snack Food
- Picture-Perfect Look: Insider Makeup Tips from Susan Morales, Montreal’s Beauty Expert