You’ve selected your blog template, picked your favourites for a blogroll and linked your social media accounts. You know that penning a blog on a regular basis will increase SEO, position your brand as an expert and give you a forum to showcase your news in a fun, informal way. But even bloggers with the best intentions sometimes run into a little problem we like to call blogger’s-block.
Once you’ve covered your company basics on your blog (the who, what, where, when and how of your brand) you may be at a loss on what to write about next. Here are a few ideas to get your strategic, yet creative juices flowing:
- Share a consumer success story. This is a great way to showcase the great work you are doing without being in sales mode. Interview your subject for interesting quotes on the emotional impact of your work, as well as how you’ve helped their bottom line.
- Review a relevant industry-related book, article or news item. Share your thoughts on how customers can utilize key learnings in their line of work. Of course, feel free to disagree and support your case with facts, figures and your own first-hand experiences.
- Introduce your readers to an import team member who may not be the public face of the company. A five-question Q&A with a team lead or a marketer can add a human touch to your blog as well as celebrate the great contributions your employees make to your business.
- Share photos or video clips from behind-the scenes. Give readers an inside glimpse of the exciting things that happen at your business by documenting your company’s advertising photo shoot, manufacturing process or conference. Inject a bit of humour into your story telling for must-read content.
- Check in with your Customer Service team for real-time insight into “trending” topics. Is there a question that keeps coming? A simple tip or trick that would benefit your customers? Address it with your readers on your blog. Ultimately, this can be a huge time-saver for both your customers and your employees.
- The Best of Both Worlds: Five Steps to Follow for Successful Brand Collaborations
- Instagram Hotspots: Brands with Insta-Worthy Décor
- Marketing Beef Jerky: From a Commodity to a Branded Snack Food
- Picture-Perfect Look: Insider Makeup Tips from Susan Morales, Montreal’s Beauty Expert
- Meet Mackenzie: Marketing Copywriter & Social Media Manager